Saturday 2 February 2013

Vampire Academy Movie News #1: Casting Rose, Dimitri and Lisa

Hello!


I thought I'd make my very first blog post, Vampire Academy related, so my blog can have a wonderful beginning. But before getting into the nitty-gritty stuff, I believe, it is wise to talk a little bit about it and introduce it to you, in case you haven't come across this book series. To be honest, I hope you have, since it's my favourite book series of all times.

Vampire Academy is a Young Adult (YA) Paranormal Romance series, as Wikipedia says, written by the amazing Richelle Mead, and it consists of six novels. The books in order are: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice.

The story revolves around Rose Hathaway, a seventeen -to be eighteen- year old Dhampir girl and her Moroi best friend Lissa Dragomir, after they've been brought back to "St Vladimir's Academy", the school they were attending before escaping and being on the run for two years. With their return to the school, nothing will be the same again. Rose gets caught in a forbidden romance while having this mysterious bond with Lissa where she's able to read her mind and feelings. The two best friends encounter obstacles and try to get from here to there. Will Rose and Lissa survive another year of High School at St Vladimir's, or is it too dangerous for both of them?                                                                                                                     Romance. Friendship. Intrigues. Adventure. Lies. Love. Blood. 
Maybe, after all, going back to the Academy was worse than Rose could ever imagine...

Now that I've given you a brief description of the plot, let's talk about what I called them earlier, the nitty-gritty stuff AKA Movie News! So, as of February 1st, the Official VAMPIRE ACADEMY Movie facebook page, announced that the three "most important" characters have been cast. Let's look them up:

Rose Hathaway will be portrayed by Zoey Dutch
Zoey was born in Los Angeles, California, on November 10, 1994. She is 18 and an American actress. She is known to have attended Oakwood School and The Los Angeles County High School for the Arts, where she majored in Theatre. She's been in Ringer, The Suite Life on Deck, Criminal Minds, NCIS, and in the upcoming movie Beautiful Creatures. One thing that worries me is the fact that she plays Emily Asher in the Beautiful Creatures movie and that's also a Young Adult book series. It's been awhile since I read that book so I don't know if Emily's role is important. From what I read she's Ethan's ex-girlfriend. I knew it would be difficult for me to like any actress for the role of Rose, since she is my favourite character, but I think she will make us all proud. I don't want to judge before watching the movie. As far as characteristics, body type etc are concerned "Rose is described as beautiful with semi-exotic desert-princess features: big dark eyes, dark brown hair, and very light tanned skin. She is 5'7" with an athletic and curvy figure." For that I am not worried. Zoey looks gorgeous and she has been working very hard. Here are some pictures of Zoey.




Love the hair. 


Another one.


And another one.

But...

This picture right here, screams Rose to me. That's my Rose, right there.



Going into a more touching subject for alot of fans.

Dimitri Belikov will be portrayed by Danila Kozlovsky
Danila was born in Moscow, Russian on May 3,1985. He won an award for Best Actor by the Russian Guild of Film Critics for Garpastum, as well as Best Actor for his role in We Are From the Future (2008). He (of course) speaks Russian and English. From what I've read and seen around the web Danila's fans were rooting for him for the role of Adrian Ivashkov. Now, I know alot of us (yes I am including myself) wanted Ben Barnes for Dimitri but that sadly or NOT didn't happen. And I'm glad it didn't. Trust me, I've been a "Ben Barnes" hardcore fan since the beginning and when I tell you, I am extremely grateful that they cast a Russian actor, I mean. But let's be honest everyone. He is gorgeous. Everyone has imagined every single character differently and no one can be perfect. Richelle Mead said so herself  "Here's the thing: there is no cast everyone will love. It's impossible. I could download the characters from my mind, and I'd get hate mail saying they were all wrong. :) The casting agency worked very hard in choosing these actors, and I think they did a great job." I am going to give him a chance and wish him the best of luck! It's his first American film so it can be stressful. Some pictures of him.


Very Dimitri-like I must say.



"The only thing better than imagining Dimitri carrying me in his arms was imagining him shirtless while carrying me in his arms."
*coughs* Russian God?


He is brilliant.


"Dimitri does not smile a lot, but when he does, it is usually when he is around the people he is fond of."

Here's also a video of Danila. 



Last, but definitely not least we have...

Lissa Dragomir will be portrayed by Lucy Fry
Lucy Fry was born in Australia, on March 13, 1992. She is 20 years old. Lucy is an actress and a model. Her first big role on TV was the Lightning Point. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. I think she's very nice. She's sweet but not too sweet and that works well because there's another character that looks similar to her, Mia Rinaldi. What makes the difference between them, is the fact that Mia is described as having a soft face and curly blond hair that makes her look very young and almost doll-like. Lucy has some strong features and I really like that. She's, indeed, very beautiful. Before you start complaining about her eyes, Lucy is wearing contacts for the movie and her hair has be adjusted. 
Pictures of Lucy...






I'm sure she's gonna make the best Lissa.


All in all, I want to say that our cast so far is great. I know alot of you don't like it and some still and will keep on complaining but this is great news guys. Our movie is moving forward and I seriously cannot wait to watch it. Before leaving you, I believe it's important to say a huge thank you to everyone who is making this possible. Every single person that is making this dream -movie- come true. 

Thank you!





















No comments:

Post a Comment